- 參加者須填妥參賽表格，並確保所有個人資料真確無誤，然後連同參賽作品 一併遞交。
With the support of the Quality Education Fund, the University of Hong Kong is implementing a project titled “QEF Thematic Network on Promoting Wellness in School”, aiming to bring transformation in participating schools towards becoming wellbeing-first schools where the wellbeing of students will be placed as the top priority. A mental health and character education programme with the goal of developing children’s positive attitudes and values is implemented in Hong Kong kindergartens. Children are encouraged to recognize, explore and utilize their character strengths in order to build their resilience when facing difficulties and challenges.
In order to enhance kindergarten children and their parents’ awareness of their own character strengths, the Character Strength Sticker Design Competition with the themes of “Love”, “Teamwork”, “Bravery” and “Gratitude” is organized and open for entry from all kindergartens in Hong Kong.
Participants should choose one character strength among “Love”, “Teamwork”, “Bravery” and “Gratitude” as the theme of their design for the Competition. According to the selected character strength, children design the pattern of the sicker in any art form. Parents create a title with a maximum of 8 words based on their child’s sticker design, and then briefly describe the design concept of the sticker. The source of inspiration can be one’s understanding of the character strengths, personal experience and stories, etc. For additional information about the definition of the character strengths and the sample design of the sticker, please refer to the attachment “The Discovery of Character Strengths”.
Each group of participants can submit no more than two entries. The theme (Character Strength) chosen for each entry cannot be repeated.
Kindergarten students (K1-K3) studying in Hong Kong and their parents
Submission of Entries
Participants are required to create their design on the Sticker Template and submit the original hardcopy of entry together with the completed Entrant Enrolment Form in person or by post to the following address.
Participating schools should submit the completed School Enrolment Form and all original hardcopy of entries attached with the completed Entrant Enrolment Forms in person or by post to the following address.
The HKJC Centre for Suicide Research and Prevention, The University of Hong Kong
Address: 2/F, The HKJC Building for Interdisciplinary Research, 5 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Office Hours: 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday (Except public holidays)
The envelope should be marked with “Quality Education Fund Thematic Network on
Promoting Wellness in School－Hong Kong Kindergarten Character Strengths Sticker Design Competition”.
All entries should be submitted on or before 11 December 2020 (Friday).
For submissions by post, the postmark date will be regarded as the date of receipt. Late submissions will not be accepted.
There are 8 Merit Awards. The “Best Expression Award” will be selected among these 8 winners.
Winners will be given the certificate and souvenirs. The winning designs of the stickers will be printed for the mental health promotion and education activities amongst kindergartens in Hong Kong.
|1. Relevance of the design to the theme (Character Strength)||30%|
|2. Creativity of the pattern and the title||20%|
|3. Relevance of the pattern to the title||20%|
|4. Overall Aesthetics||30%|
The results of the Competition will be announced on the Facebook page of the HKJC Centre for Suicide Research and Prevention and the website of QEF Thematic Network (https://qtn.csrp.hku.hk) in January 2021. Winners will be notified for the award by our staff.
Terms and Conditions
The submission of entries by the participants constitutes their acceptance of the terms and conditions set out below and those who fail to comply may be disqualified:
- Entry forms must be completed with true and correct personal particulars. Participants are required to submit the completed form together with the entry.
- Once submitted, the entries will not be returned to the participants. The participants shall understand and agree to grant and assign exclusively to the Organizer all the intellectual property rights of the entries.
- The Organizer will not take any responsibilities associated with any loss, delay or error in the submission of entries due to any reasons whatsoever.
- The entries must not contain any commercial propaganda and material that is obscene, violent, defamatory or content that is controversial and inappropriate.
- All entries must be the original work of the participants and do not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any parties. The participants shall warrant that the entries have never been published before or submitted to other competitions. The participants shall be liable for any infringement of intellectual property rights or any other rights of any parties and shall indemnify the Organizer and its authorized users all costs, losses, damage and liabilities of any nature arising from or incurred by reason of any allegation of claim for infringement of any intellectual property rights or any other rights of any parties.
- Participants must abide by the decisions of the judging panel, which shall be final.
- Participants shall agree that the Organizer may, including but not limited to, edit, copy, file, transmit, publish, disseminate, exhibit, print and use the entries for any other purposes whatsoever at any time without any need for prior consent or payment of fees to the participants.
- The Organizer reserves the right to interpret and revise these terms and conditions (including the assessment criteria), provided that such decisions are made consistent with the objectives of the Competition. Participants shall not raise any objections to such decisions.
- In case of any dispute, the Organizer reserves the right of final decision and interpretation.
Tel: 2831 5226